Lewis Resolves Disputes About the Assets Used in Your Business
These business property disputes may involve an extended range of assets:
- Real property, including purchase, sale, covenants, easements, boundary line disputes, constructive trusts, fraudulent transfers, joint owners.
- Mortgages, including priority, foreclosure, sale, rescission, payment, deficiency, satisfaction, joint debtors, mortgage warehouse lending.
- Personal property, including conversion, trespass to chattels, sale of goods, terms of sale,disclaimer of warranties, limitation of remedies, warranties of title, warranties against infringement, remedies for buyer’s breach, remedies for seller’s breach, rights to cover, substitute goods,acceptance and revocation, joint owners.
- Vehicles, including financing, retail installment sales, transfer of title, certificates of title, floor plan financings, title pawn.
- Business insurance on assets, including fire losses, business interruption, data breach.
- Theft of property, including conversion, embezzlement, fidelity bond claims, andcrime coverage.
- Bank accounts and relationships, including commercial loans, letters of credit, injunctions against draws on letters of credit, wire transfers, electronic funds transfer, personal guaranty defense and enforcement,and suretyship defenses.
- Injury to goodwill.
- Computer system protection.
- Domain name protection.
While contract law will always play a large role most business property dispute for protection of assets, more specialized bodes of law apply to particular types of assets.
Lewis has broad experience resolving disputes over all types of assets.